Easy Homemade Tomato Soup in Less than 40 min
This homemade tomato soup is so delicious that I fell in love with this soup immediately. I make this soup for me every evening. I make many alterations in its ingredients to suit my mood. The main ingredients in this tomato basil soup are tomato, onion, garlic and tomato ketchup.
Yes!! Tomato ketchup. I specifically use hot and sweet tomato ketchup because it gives a perfect sweet, sour and spicy taste to my tomato soup. You can skip the tomato ketchup if you don’t have any. This homemade tomato soup is very easy and can be prepared within 50 minutes.
I will recommend you to use fresh red tomatoes. It helps in giving your tomato and basil soup a great flavor and taste. Just using some handful of ingredients can make your soup very amazingly tasty. Indian restaurants are very limited to serving only the popular soups like tomato soup, manchow soup, sweet corn soup, and hot & sour soup.
In this easy tomato soup recipe, you can add some carrot to increase its nutritional values. Serve this tamatar ka soup with some freshly made homemade croutons.
Recipe with detailed ingredients and steps are provided in the recipe card below. You can also print this recipe from the button provided in the recipe card.
You can also try out these easy snacks recipes to go with your soups:
1. Bread Pakoda
4. Homemade Pizza without Oven
Homemade Tomato Soup | Tomato Basil Soup
To make this homemade tomato soup, you would need,
- Butter or Oil
- Red Tomatoes
- Garlic Cloves
- Corn Flour
- Dried Herbs
- Pepper Powder
- Tomato Ketchup
– In a frying pan, heat some oil or butter. Add the onion, garlic cloves, and saute it for 2 to 4 minutes.
– Then add diced tomatoes and stir them until they turn soft. Now, add some basil leaves and cook it for some time. Then turn off the flame and let the mixture cool.
– Remove the basil from the mixture and add it to a blender. Add some water and blend them together into smooth paste.
– Filter the tomato paste over a pot or a deep pan using a sieve. Bring the filtered tomato paste into boil and let it simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
– Take cornflour in half a cup of water mix them well. Add it into the boiling soup parts by parts.
– Now, add the tomato ketchup and pepper powder, and keep stirring the mixture until it slightly thickens. Add more salt if required.
– Switch off the flame after it reaches your desired consistency. Add the dried herbs and cover it with a lid for a minute or two.
– Your tomato soup is ready. Serve it with homemade croutons.
Homemade Tomato Soup
Tomato Soup Recipe | Easy Tomato Soup
- 1 tbsp Butter or Oil
- 1 medium Onion cubed
- 500 grams Red Tomatoes
- 2 large Garlic Cloves chopped
- 2 stalks Basil
- Salt According to Your Need
- 1½ cup Water
- ¾ tsp Corn Flour
- 1 tsp Dried Herbs optional
- ½ tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup optional
Steps to Make Tomato Soup Recipe
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp oil or butter.
- Add 1 diced medium onion, 2 chopped large garlic cloves and saute it for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Then add 500 grams of diced tomatoes and stir them until tomatoes turn soft.
- Now, add 2 stalks of basil and cook it for some time. Then turn off the flame and let the mixture cool.
- Remove the basil from the mixture and add it to a blender.
- Add 1 Cup of water and blend them together into smooth paste.
- Filter the tomato paste over a pot or a deep pan using a sieve.
- Bring the filtered tomato paste into boil and let it simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Take ¾ Tsp of corn flour in half a cup of water mix them well. Add it parts by parts into the boiling soup.
- Now, add the tomato ketchup, pepper powder, and keep stirring the mixture until it slightly thickens.
- Add more salt if required.
- Switch off the flame after it reaches your desired consistency. Add the dried herbs and cover it with a lid for a minute or two.
- Your tomato soup is ready. Serve it with homemade croutons.
- Use deep red freshly ripened tomatoes for a rich taste and texture.
- Skipping onions is fine.
- You can use hot & sweet tomato ketchup or normal tomato ketchup.
- To make croutons, spread butter on both sides of the bread. Then toast it on a medium flame until it turns crispy. Cut them into pieces and add them to the soup.
- You can decrease the quantity of cornflour used. Or don't use it at all.
Tried This Recipe?
Join our Instagram army! Send us a photo of the dish at @WhatsCookingIndia or upload and use the hashtag #whatscookingindia to get featured.