Besan Toast | 15 Minute Easy Bread Besan Toast Recipe
Bread besan toast is a quick and easy breakfast recipe. All you need is some Indian spices, gram flour which is also called as besan, and normal sandwich bread.
It is very similar to french toast, instead of eggs, gram flour is used. This really saves time if you are hungry or late for your office. I usually prefer french toast, besan toast, or other toast recipes like egg toast, cheese toast, garlic cheese toast, bread pizza, or bread pakora for my breakfast or for a quick snack.
This bread toast is really a quick recipe, which can be made in 15 minutes. This is another quick breakfast recipe for all the veg lovers. This is very similar to french toast. Only, replacing the eggs with the besan. There are 2 versions of frying this toast. One is by deep-frying, and the other is by frying on a frying pan with a little oil.
It is usually served with tea or coffee. But, you can also eat it with Schezwan chutney or tomato ketchup. There are 2 ways to make this easy besan toast recipe.
Recipe with detailed ingredients and steps are provided in the recipe card below. You can also print this recipe from the button provided in the recipe card.
You can also try our other easy breakfast and snacks recipes like,
1. Bread Pakoda
4. Homemade Pizza without Oven
Besan Toast | Easy Besan Toast Recipe
To make this bread besan toast recipe, you would need,
- Besan (Gram Flour)
- Carom Seeds
- Red Chili Powder
- Green Chili
- Coriander Leaves
– Take a large flat plate. Large enough to hold the batter. Add all ingredients on that plate. Now, add some water, and mix them well.
– Using a form, mix the ingredients well and form a smooth thick batter. Heat oil in a frying pan on a low flame for shallow fry.
– When the frying pan is hot, dip one side of bread in the batter and place it on the hot pan.
– Toast it for some time until the base of the bread besan toast turns crispy and golden in color. You can check it with the help of a flat spatula. Just slip in beneath your toast, and try to lift it up. If it comes out easily, then it is cooked properly.
– Just before flipping, add a spoonful of batter on the other side of the bread and then carefully flip it. Let it cook in a similar way. Both sides should turn golden in color.
– Repeat the same process for all the slices of bread. Serve it immediately with ketchup or Schezwan chutney.
The second way is:
– Dip a slice of bread into the batter. Submerge it totally so that all the sides are coated with the besan toast batter.
– Now, place it on the hot pan and shallow fry it. Let one side cook until it turns crispy and golden brown in color.
– Flip it and fry the other side in a similar way. Your besan toast recipe is ready.
Bread Besan Toast
Bread Besan Toast
- Oil for deep frying
- 4 slices Bread
- 5 tbsp Besan gram flour
- ¼ tsp Haldi turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Carom Seeds
- ¼ tsp Red Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Ginger chopped
- 2 tbsp Onions chopped
- 1 Green Chili chopped
- 2 tbsp Tomatoes chopped
- Water use as per your need
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves chopped
- Salt according to your requirement
Steps to make Besan Toast Recipe
- Take a flat plate with large edges. Large enough to hold the batter.
- Add the besan, chopped Onions, ½ tsp Carom seeds, chopped Tomatoes, finely chopped Coriander Leaves, Ginger, Red Chili powder, and salt.
- Now, add some water, and mix them well.
- Using a whisk, mix the ingredients well and form a smooth thick batter.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on a low flame for shallow frying. In the meanwhile, take the bread slices and cut them diagonally. YOu will get 2 different slices of bread in a triangle shape.
- When the frying pan is hot, dip one side of bread in the batter and place it on the hot pan.
- Toast it for some time until one side of the bread besan toast comes out easily. You can check it with the help of a flat spatula. Just slip in beneath your toast, and try to lift it up. If it comes out easily, then it is cooked properly.
- Just before flipping, add a spoonful of batter on the other side and then carefully flip it.
- Let it cook in a similar way. Both sides should turn golden in color. Repeat the same process for all the slices of bread.
- Serve it immediately with ketchup or Schezwan chutney.
- You can also deep fry the besan toast like bread pakora.
- Chop tomatoes, and onions very finely. You will find it difficult while frying your besan toast if you have kept large pieces.
- You can also add a pinch of asafoetida (hing).
- Make the batter like a bread pakoda batter (thick flowing consistency) and shallow fry them.
Tried This Recipe?
Join our Instagram army! Send us a photo of the dish at @WhatsCookingIndia or upload and use the hashtag #whatscookingindia to get featured.