Whats Cooking India? It’s a veg sweet corn soup. It is a very popular soup recipe from the Indo Chinese cuisine.
It is a very common soup made using very little ingredients. At the same time, it is delicious and healthy too.
It is basically a starter recipe, but you can include it in your normal meal as well.
Sweet corn soup goes well with veg fried rice or chicken fried rice. While serving the soup, add crispy fried noodles and serve.
To make this soup more healthy, you can add some veggies with corn. This recipe is very easy to make. Just 20 to 40 minutes and your soup is ready.
Veg Sweet Corn Soup
Corn Kernels - 1 ½ Cup
Green Peas - ½ Cup
Corn Flour - 1 Tsp
Water - 2 to 3 Cups
Sugar - ½ Tsp
Butter - 1 Tsp
Black Pepper Powder - ¼ Tsp
Ginger (Chopped) - ½ Tsp
Garlic (Chopped) - ½ Tsp
Steps to make Corn Soup Recipe
- Step 1: Wash the corn kernels properly and keep it aside.
- Step 2: Now, in a pot or pan, heat 1 Tsp butter.
- Step 3: Add the chopped garlic and ginger and saute well.
- Step 4: Now, add the corn kernels to it. Saute for a minute then pour 2 to 3 cups of water.
- Step 5: Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on a low flame while stirring continuously.
- Step 6: Add 2 Tbsp cornflour with 3 tbsp of water. Keep stirring it.
- Step 7: Add ½ Tsp of sugar and salt according to your taste.
- Step 8: Now, boil the soup until it thickens slightly.
- Step 9: Switch off the flame and transfer the soup in a bowl. Sprinkle some ground black pepper on the top.
Your veg sweet corn soup is ready to be served. Serve it with fried rice.
- To thicken the soup, smooth puree half a cup of corn kernels with little water, pass it through a strainer and pour the water into the soup.
- You can also add some veggies like beans, and onions.
- Instead of corn flour, add finely chopped potatoes to thicken the soup.
- You can also use oil instead of butter.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 106Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 30mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g
Related Sweet Corn Soup Recipe Video