What’s Cooking India? Its Healthy Oats Dosa. Everyone might have tried normal masala dosa, Rava Dosa but no one has tried Oats Dosa. Oats are healthy for the body. It has incredibly nutritious benefits on the body. Oats have become famous in the course of time that’s because of its nutritional properties.
The process for Normal Masala Dosa and Oats Dosa recipe remains the same. Only you will have to add Quaker or Saffola Oats.
It is easy to make and also very healthy to eat. You can use it for breakfast or dinner as well. Serve it with South Indian styled Sambhar and coconut chutney. So, without wasting any more time, let’s start our Oats Dosa Recipe.
Note: Read the whole recipe before Preparing the dosa.
Ingredients For Oats Dosa Recipe
|White Rice (Raw)||4 Cups|
|Chana Dal||½ Cup|
|Black Gram (Urad Dal split skinless)||1 Cup|
|Oats (Quaker / Saffola’s)||2 Cups|
|Methi (Fenugreek seeds)||1 tbsp|
|Oil||(For the sprinkling purpose)|
Steps To Prepare Oats Dosa Recipe
Steps to make Dosa Batter:
- Take a big bowl. Add rice, chana dal, and urad dal.
- Wash them thoroughly and then soak them in water for 6- 7 hours.
- Drain the water.
- Take a grinding jar, add the soaked rice and dal mixture in the jar. Gradually keep adding small proportions of oats and little water at intervals.
- Do not add too much water at a time. Keep the batter consistency smooth and paste-like.
- Transfer the batter into a big bowl.
- Give the batter a good mix and cover it with a lid. Let it sit for about 11 to 12 hours (overnight) in a warm place.
- After the overnight fermentation, the batter would be double its original quantity.
- Add salt (as required) to the batter. Beat the batter thoroughly again.
Steps to make the Oats Dosa
- Take a nonstick dosa pan. Heat it on a medium high flame.
- Sprinkle some water to check the temperature of the pan. If the water droplets sizzle and evaporate, then the temperature is perfect for making the dosa. NOTE: (For the dosa to turn out perfect and crispy, the pan should be at the right temperature).
- Now drizzle ½ tsp of oil onto the pan. Spread the oil with the help of a spoon.
- Stir the dosa batter and take a ladle full of the batter. Pour the batter in the centre of the pan and quickly start spreading the batter in the circular motion to make a thin dosa.
- Drizzle a few drops of oil around the edges of the dosa. Let it cook for a few minutes.
- When the bottom of the dosa turns golden brown, flip the dosa and let it cook for another few seconds.
- Flip it back again, roll it and take it out of the pan.
Your yummy and healthy oats dosa is ready to be served with coconut chutney or sambhar.
Tips for a healthy Oats Dosa
- You can add grated vegetables like carrots, beans, coconut, etc.
- It is possible to powder Oats and keep it air tight for days.
- Increase or decrease green chilli pieces according to your spicy taste. It can also be skipped.
- The batter must be very much watery in consistency to make it crispy.
- Adding Ginger, garlic, onion, tomato will increase the taste.
- Similarly, coconut pieces can also be added.