Mixed Hakka Noodles | Veg Hakka Noodles
This mixed hakka noodles is made with some veggies, stir-fried noodles and some sauces.
It is preferably eaten on lunch, snacks or dinner. It is mainly accompanied by Paneer Manchurian or some soup recipes like manchow soup or hot and sour soup.
Indo Chinese cuisines have become India’s favorite cuisine over time.
I have made this hakka noodles recipe with noodles made up of all-purpose flour. But, you can use whole wheat or whole-grain noodles as well.
Hakka noodles are also known as veg fried noodles in India. It is very easy to make, this recipe will be ready within 45 minutes.
You can add vegetables like Capsicums (Green, Yellow, Red), Onions, Cabbage, French beans, etc, etc. The choice of vegetables totally depends on you. If you want, you can also use 1 vegetable and skip others.
You can also try veg fried rice and veg schezwan fried rice.
Mixed Hakka Noodles Recipe
- Oil - 3 Tbsp
- Hakka Noodles - 150 Grams
- Red Onions (Sliced) - 1 small
- Spring Onions (Green and white separated) - 2
- Garlic (Chopped) - 1 Tbsp
- Ginger (Chopped) - ½ Tsp
- Vinegar - 1 Tsp
- Green Chili (Optional) - 1 Chopped
- Red Capsicum (Julienne) - ¼ Cup
- Green Capsicum (Julienne) - ¼ Cup
- Yellow Capsicum (Julienne) - ¼ Cup
- French Beans - ½ Cup
- Soy sauce - 1 Tbsp
- Red Chili Sauce - ½ Tbsp
- Salt - According to Your Requirement
- Water - According to Your Requirement
Steps to Make Hakka Noodles
- In a large vessel or pan, take around 7 to 9 cups of water and bring it to boil.
- Add the Hakka noodles and 1 tsp oil and cook it till al dente.
- Drain the water, rinse the half-cooked noodles under running water and keep aside to cool down.
- Again add 1 tsp oil again to prevent them from sticking together.
- Take a pan, heat 2 tbsp oil on high flame. Add 1 tbsp chopped garlic and ½ tsp chopped ginger and saute them for a few seconds.
- Now, add the red onions and saute them till the onions turn translucent.
- Next, add all the remaining veggies and saute them till they are cooked al dente.
- Add the noodles, and mix them properly.
- Now, add 1 tsp vinegar, 1 tbsp Soy sauce, ½ tbsp red chili sauce, and salt according to your taste.
- Saute them well so that the sauces and salt mix evenly.
Your homemade veg Hakka noodles is ready.
- Keep tossing the pan from the start to the end. The flame should be kept on high, so if you stop, then your ingredients may burn. You can also cook on low flame, but I won’t recommend it.
- Make sure your noodles don’t stick to each other. It won’t give a smooth texture to your Hakka noodles.
- Soon after the noodles are cooked al dente, rinse them under running normal water. It will stop their cooking process from inside.