Mixed Hakka Noodles | Easy Veg Hakka Noodles Recipe
Mixed Hakka noodles are veg fried Hakka noodles pan tossed on high flame with many kinds of vegetables and different sauces. It is very easy to make, this recipe will be ready within 45 minutes. You can add vegetables like capsicums (green, yellow, red), onions, cabbage, french beans, etc. The choice of vegetables totally depends on you.
The taste of any Chinese cuisine depends on the vegetables used. Also, it should be correctly chopped. You just can’t use spinach in hakka noodles or any fried rice recipe. It won’t at all taste good. The suggested veggies for this recipe are chopped beans, onions, capsicums, and bell peppers.
This veg hakka noodle needs very less ingredients which is why you can make this Chinese hakka noodles recipe when you are in a hurry. It is also an ideal dish if you are planning for a picnic or a small house get together party. With this mixed hakka noodles recipe, you can also serve veg manchow soup, egg fried rice, or even schezwan chicken rice.
The main features of veg hakka noodles recipe is, it is very easy to make, less cooking time, tastes very good, the best recipe if you are in a hurry. Chinese hakka noodles taste better when cooked with a lot of oil. I mean if you don’t use much oil, your noodles will be sticky and clumped together which won’t taste at all good.
To prevent the stickiness of the noodles, first after draining the water, you will have to apply 1 to 2 teaspoons of oil. Then again while frying, you will have to use ample oil so that both the veggies and the noodles are cooked and are not sticky. Before starting the recipe, keep all your ingredients ready.
To maintain the actual taste of Hakka noodles, everything must be cooked in high flame. So even if you wait for 2 minutes, then your dish might get burned up.
Recipe with detailed ingredients and steps are provided in the recipe card below. You can also print this recipe from the button provided in the recipe card below.
You can try these Indo Chinese recipes like
Mixed Hakka Noodles | Hakka Noodles
To make this hakka noodles recipe, you would need,
- Hakka Noodles – You can also use Chings Hakka Noodles available in almost every general store.
- Red Onions
- Spring Onions
- Green Chili
- Red Capsicum
- Green Capsicum
- Yellow Capsicum
- French Beans
- Soy sauce
- Red Chili Sauce
– In a large vessel or pan, take around 7 to 9 cups of water and bring it to boil.
– Add the Hakka noodles and oil and cook it till al dente.
– Drain the water, rinse the half-cooked noodles under running water and keep aside to cool down.
– Again add oil again to prevent them from sticking together.
– Take a pan, heat oil on high flame. Add the chopped garlic and ginger and saute them for a few seconds.
– Now, add the red onions and saute them for a minute.
– Next, add all the remaining veggies and saute them till they are cooked al dente.
– Add the noodles, and mix them properly.
– Now, add vinegar, Soy sauce, red chili sauce, and salt according to your taste.
– Saute them well so that the sauces and salt mix evenly.
– Your homemade veg Hakka noodles is ready.
Mixed Hakka Noodles Recipe
Veg Hakka Noodles | Hakka Noodles Recipe
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 150 grams Hakka Noodles
- 1 small Red Onions Sliced
- 2 Spring Onions Green and white separated
- 1 tbsp Garlic Chopped
- ½ tsp Ginger Chopped
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 Green Chili Chopped
- ¼ cup Red Capsicum Julienne
- ¼ cup Green Capsicum Julienne
- ¼ cup Yellow Capsicum Julienne
- ½ cup French Beans
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- ½ tbsp Red Chili Sauce
- Salt According to Your Requirement
- Water According to Your Requirement
Steps to Make Hakka Noodles
- In a large vessel or pan, take around 7 to 9 cups of water and bring it to boil.
- Add the Hakka noodles and 1 tsp oil and cook it till al dente.
- Drain the water, rinse the half-cooked noodles under running water and keep aside to cool down.
- Again add 1 tsp oil again to prevent them from sticking together.
- Take a pan, heat 2 tbsp oil on high flame. Add 1 tbsp chopped garlic and ½ tsp chopped ginger and saute them for a few seconds.
- Now, add the red onions and saute them till the onions turn translucent.
- Next, add all the remaining veggies and saute them till they are cooked al dente.
- Add the noodles, and mix them properly.
- Now, add 1 tsp vinegar, 1 tbsp Soy sauce, ½ tbsp red chili sauce, and salt according to your taste.
- Saute them well so that the sauces and salt mix evenly.
- Your homemade veg Hakka noodles is ready.
- Keep tossing the pan from the start to the end. The flame should be kept on high, so if you stop, then your ingredients may burn. You can also cook on low flame, but I won’t recommend it.
- Make sure your noodles don’t stick to each other. It won’t give a smooth texture to your Hakka noodles.
- Soon after the noodles are cooked al dente, rinse them under running normal water. It will stop their cooking process from inside.