Sweet Corn Soup Recipe | How to make Instant Sweet Corn Vegetable Soup
What’s up everyone! How was your weekend? Well, mine was pretty lazed up! Nevertheless, thanks to the crazy weather, I have been making tons of soups this season! I have been planning to share this sweet corn soup recipe from a while now, but it never turned out to be the perfect recipe to share until now!
Before starting, let’s get a basic knowledge of Sweet Corn Soup:
Made out of the simple day to day ingredients, Sweet Corn Vegetable Soup is one of the easiest, comforting and filling vegetable soup that I have known till date. The bright and flavourful vegetable broth has a fair amount of corn kernels, green peas, spices and herbs going into it. Extremely easy to make, sweet corn soup recipe can be enjoyed any time of the year.
Did you know?
“Veg Sweet Corn Soup Recipe” is a very popular soup in the “INDO- CHINESE” kitchen and also amongst the INDIAN cuisine.
This Veg Sweet Corn Soup Recipe
- is super easy to make
- Improves digestion, promotes heart health and boosts immunity
- Super comforting and filling for the monsoon and cold season.
- Also, it keeps your skin look and feel younger!
So are you ready to re-create this Indo-Chinese sweet corn vegetable soup at home? So get you apron on and let’s start!
Recipe with detailed ingredients and steps are provided in the recipe card below. You can also print this recipe from the button provided in the recipe card.
Other Indo-Chinese recipes to try with Sweet Corn Soup:
Sweet Corn Soup Recipe | Sweet Corn Vegetable Soup
To make this sweet corn soup recipe, you would need,
- Corn Kernels
- Green Peas
- Corn Flour
- Black Pepper Powder
– Wash the corn kernels properly and keep it aside.
– Now, in a pot or pan, heat butter.
– Add the chopped garlic and ginger and saute well.
– Now, add the corn kernels to it. Saute for a minute then pour 2 to 3 cups of water.
– Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on a low flame while stirring continuously.
– Add cornflour with water. Keep stirring it
– Add a bit of sugar and salt according to your taste.
– Now, boil the soup until it thickens slightly.
– Switch off the flame and transfer the soup in a bowl. Sprinkle some ground black pepper on the top.
Sweet Corn Soup | Veg Sweet Corn Soup Recipe
Veg Sweet Corn Soup
- 1 ½ cup Corn Kernels
- ½ cup Green Peas
- 1 tsp Corn Flour
- 2-3 cups Water
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Butter
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper Powder
- ½ tsp Ginger Chopped
- ½ tsp Garlic Chopped
- Steps to make Sweet Corn Soup Recipe
- Wash the corn kernels properly and keep it aside.
- Now, in a pot or pan, heat 1 Tsp butter.
- Add the chopped garlic and ginger and saute well.
- Now, add the corn kernels to it. Saute for a minute then pour 2 to 3 cups of water.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on a low flame while stirring continuously.
- Add 2 Tbsp cornflour with 3 tbsp of water. Keep stirring it.
- Add ½ Tsp of sugar and salt according to your taste.
- Now, boil the soup until it thickens slightly.
- Switch off the flame and transfer the soup in a bowl. Sprinkle some ground black pepper on the top.
- Your sweet corn soup is ready to be served. Best served with fried rice.
- To thicken the soup, smooth puree half a cup of corn kernels with little water, pass it through a strainer and pour the water into the soup.
- You can also add some veggies like beans, and onions.
- Instead of corn flour, add finely chopped potatoes to thicken the soup.
- You can also use oil instead of butter.