What’s Cooking India? This time also, it is South Indian Speciality Rava Dosa Recipe. As I have said earlier, no one in this Country leaves South Indian Cuisine behind. Every one love dosas, idlis, Uttappam, and many more. Majority of people eat some of the other south Indian food at restaurants, roadside stalls, or in tapris. Why not those try at the comfort of your home?
Today you will learn to make Rava dosa at home. It is very easy to make, and also it doesn’t require any fermentation process that is required by Masala Dosa or Idlis.
You will get all the ingredients of a Rava Dosa at the nearest grocery shop very easily. And Also, Rava dosas will be ready within half an hour. So a very quick office snack.
Note: Read the whole Recipe before you start preparing the Rava Dosa.
Ingredients for Rava Dosa
|Ingredients||Measurement (1 CUP=250 ML)|
|All purpose flour/Maida||¼ cup|
|Rice Flour||½ Cup|
|Cumin Seeds (Jeera)||½ tsp|
|Powdered Sugar||½ tbsp|
|Ginger (Chopped)||1 tsp|
|Salt||According to your taste and need|
|Parsley (Dhania) (Chopped)||1 tbsp|
|Curry Leaves||5 to 6 Leaves|
|Green Chilli (Chopped)||1|
If you love eating Samosa, then learn its recipe here. Try Homemade Crispy Samosa that can be made in some easy steps.
Steps to Prepare the Rava Dosa
How to Prepare Rava Dosa Batter?
Step 1: In a large mixing bowl, take Semolina, rice flour, Yoghurt, All purpose flour/Maida, chopped ginger, a little salt according to your taste, chopped Parsley, curry leaves, onion and start to mix it well.
Step 2: Keep adding water parts by parts so that all the ingredients are mixed properly.
Step 3: Make watery like batter and keep the batter aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
Step 4: Now, add little more water because the semolina in the batter might have soaked a small amount of water.
Step 5: The consistency of the batter should be watery.
How to Fry the Rava Dosa?
Step 1: Heat a flat frying pan.
Step 2: Apply some oil in it so that the dose doesn’t stick to the Pan.
Step 3: Take a small vessel, dip it in the batter and pour it in the pan.
Step 4: Mix the batter very well before pouring it.
Step 5: As the batter is watery, there will be big gaps in the dosa. Don’t fill the gaps with batter. Let it be as it is. As soon as the batter turns golden brown, remove it with the help of a spatula.
Step 6: Fold it, and serve it with Coconut Chutney.
Tips For a Perfect South Indian Rava Dosa.
- The batter should be very thin. This is the main key that makes Rava Dosa soo special.
- Apply the oil every time before pouring the batter in the pan.
- Mix the batter well each time while making Rava Dosa.
- Before mixing all the raw ingredients, you can add a small amount of water into semolina and keep it aside for 5 to 10 minutes. Then you can start mixing all the raw ingredients.
- Yogurt and rice flour are used to make dosas crispy. Only use the said amount of yogurt, as more yogurt won’t make your dosas crispy.
- If you love soft dosas, then you can skip the yogurt.
- You can also add 2 tbsp of maida. It will help to keep your Dosa stack.