What’s Cooking India? It’s a mini, homemade, easy to cook, and less time-consuming Hyderabadi Samosa. This is also called as Irani Samosa. Hello, my Friends, this is Amit and today I decided to share one common Recipe with you all.
Everyone eats this Dish every now and then and also thinks only if they can cook this recipe at home with such a great taste like the ones that are available in streets or shops.
So without wasting any more time, let’s get started. I would recommend everyone to read the whole recipe before preparing the Recipe.
Samosa Recipe Ingredients
|Wheat Flour||½ Cup (Optional)|
|Salt||According to your Taste|
|Green Chilli||2 – 4 pieces|
|Parsley (धनिया पत्ता)||100 gms|
|Curry Leaves (कड़ी पत्ता)||5 – 6 pieces|
|Red Chilli Powder||1 Tbsp|
|Turmeric Powder (हल्दी)||½ Tsp|
|Coriander seed powder
|Cumin seeds (जीरा)||1 Tsp|
|Flattened Rice (पोहा)||3 Tbsp|
|Garam Masala||1 Tsp|
Method to Prepare Delicious Samosa
1) For Dough
- Take the Maida, Wheat Flour, Salt, and 1tbsp oil in a kneading bowl.
- Add water slowly and slowly, this is because if you add less water, the dough will become hard, and if you add more water, then it will be too watery and then you will have to add more flour.
- Cover the cloth with a dry cloth and keep it aside for an hour.
- Now make 10 round balls from this dough.
- Take 1 ball and flatten it like a Paratha (Keep in mind that the flat dough should be thick like a paratha) and keep it aside.
- Now take another dough ball and do the same as the previous step (flat dough should be thick like a paratha).
- Now, take one flat dough and apply a good amount of oil (probable ½ tbsp) on one side and spread it. Also, sprinkle some Maida on it.
- Now, place the second dough on top of it and then again roll the dough to make it thin.
- You will have to cook the dough in a flat roti pan for few seconds. (This is done to separate two flat dough that we had stick together in the previous steps).
- Cook the dough until small bubbles are formed on both the sides.
- Now take it out of the pan and separate it into two. You will get 2 chapatis now.
- Follow this same procedure for all the other dough balls.
- After you have made 10 chapatis, cut it into 1 inch long strips.
- Now, you are done with the samosa Patti.
2) For Filling
- Take a large bowl.
- Mix Onions, Carrot, Cabbage, Green Chilli, Parsley (धनिया पत्ता), Curry Leaves (कड़ी पत्ता), Salt, Red Chilli Powder, Turmeric Powder (हल्दी), Coriander seed powder (धनिया पाउडर), Cumin seeds (जीरा) together.
- Mash it until the vegetables start to leave water. Mix it similar like a mashed potato.
- Now, keep this mixture aside for 10 minutes.
Preparing Crispy Samosa
- Take 1 samosa Patti. Now, fold one corner to make a triangle shape as shown in the diagram as well as in the video.
- Now, again fold from the same side to make a perfect cone-like holder.
- Fill it with the filling.
- Then, again fold it from the other side to cover the filling.
- One last corner will be left, fold this last corner to seal the samosa. Apply Maida paste which acts as a glue (to lock the samosa).
- Maida paste can be made by taking 2 tbsp maida and 1 to 1 ½ tbsp water. It should be thick.
- Now, Deep fry these samosas in medium heat.
- Fry these till the color of the samosa changes to golden brown color.
Tips to make your samosa perfectly
- Make sure you put enough oil in between 2 dough balls. This will ensure that it gets separated very easily.
- Learn to make a samosa Patti. As the key to its crispy and good taste lies in how the samosa Patti is been folded.
- To enhance its taste, garnish the samosa with cumin seed powder and salt. To prepare this, mix roasted Cumin Seed powder with salt. If 2 tbsp cumin seed powder, then take 1 tbsp salt. The proportion should be 2:1.
- You can watch this video for a better understanding.