Hyderabadi Crispy Samosa Recipe | How To Make Crispy Samosa?
What’s Cooking India? It’s a mini, homemade, easy to cook, Hyderabadi crispy samosa. This is also called as Irani Samosa.
Though this recipe is a bit time consuming, the resulting outcome will taste super good.
This is a very famous Delhi street food with a price ranging from Rs 2 to Rs 4 each samosa. Everyone eats this mini samosa garnished with salt and coriander powder.
Today we are going to make this famous crispy samosa at home.
So without wasting any more time, let’s get started. I would recommend everyone to read the whole recipe before starting the Recipe.
Hyderabadi Crispy Samosa Recipe
To make the Dough - (1 Cup = 250 ML)
- Salt - According to your Taste
- Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- All-Purpose Flour - 1 Cup
- Wheat Flour - ½ Cup (Optional)
For the Filling
- Onions (Chopped) - 3 Medium
- Carrot (Chopped) - 1 Medium
- Cabbage (Julienned)- 100 Grams
- Green Chilli (Chopped) - 2
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves (धनिया पत्ता) - 100 Grams
- Curry Leaves (कड़ी पत्ता) - 5 to 6 pieces
- Salt - As Needed
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder (हल्दी) - ½ Tablespoon
- Coriander seed powder (धनिया पाउडर) - 1 Tablespoon
- Cumin seeds (जीरा) - 1 Teaspoon
- Flattened Rice (पोहा) - 3 Tablespoon
- Garam Masala - 1 Teaspoon
Steps to Make the Dough
- Take a bowl. Add the Maida, Wheat Flour, Salt, and 1tbsp oil and mix them well.
- Add water parts by parts and knead it into a smooth dough.
- Cover the dough with a clean and dry cloth and keep it aside for half-hour.
- After half hour, knead the dough once again and make 10 small round balls and keep them aside.
- Take 1 dough ball, using a rolling pin, flatten it like a paratha. Remember to keep the thickness like a paratha.
- Keep it aside. Do the same thing with another dough ball. Both should be thick like a paratha.
- Now, apply ½ tablespoon of oil on one side of the flat dough. Also, sprinkle some all-purpose flour over the oil.
- Place the second flatten dough on it and roll them using a rolling pin into a thin sheet. It is not possible to flatten a single dough into a very thin sheet. So we stick two dough together and flatten them.
- Now, take a frying pan and bring it on the heat on low flame.
- As soon as the pan is hot, add the rolled out sheet and let it cook until one side is cooked a little. Now, flip it and cook this side in the same way. This is done so that we can easily separate the sheet into 2 thin sheets.
- Now, carefully separate the single sheet into two sheets. Follow these steps for all the dough balls.
- When this is done, keep them stacked on one another and cut 1 inch long strips.
- In total, you will get 30 strips or samosa patti.
Steps to Make the Crispy Samosa Filling
- Take a large bowl. Add the chopped onions, cabbage, coriander leaves, green chili, salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, and mix well.
- After 2 to 3 minutes, you will see that the mixture has started to release water.
- Now add 3 Tablespoons poha and mix well. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- The poha should have absorbed all the water and your filling is ready.
Steps to Fold the Samosa Patti
- Take 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour (maida) and little water in a bowl. Mix well and your paste is ready.
- Take 1 samosa Patti. Take 1 corner to the other side and make a triangle/pouch-like shape. Fold again from the same side to make a perfect pouch. In this step, there should be 2 folds. Then only you will get a triangle shape.
- Fill it up with the filling. Fold it from the top so that it seals the opening.
- Now, apply the maids paste on the last corner of the samosa Patti. Fold this as well and your samosa will be sealed.
- Follow the same steps for making all the samosa.
- Take a kadhai, add oil for deep fry. Add the samosas into the oil and fry them until they turn golden brown in color.
When it is done, remove them on a paper towel to soak the excess oil.
Your Hyderabadi crispy samosa is ready. While serving, sprinkle some chat masala or a mixture of salt and coriander powder.
- Make sure you put enough oil in between 2 dough balls. This will ensure that it gets separated very easily.
- Learn how to make a samosa Patti. As the key to its crispy and good taste lies in how the samosa Patti is been folded.
- To enhance its taste, garnish the samosa with cumin seed powder and salt. To prepare this, mix roasted Cumin Seed powder or roasted jeera powder or coriander powder with salt. The proportion should be 2:1