Homemade Tomato Soup | Tamatar Ka Soup | Tomato Soup
Whats Cooking India? Its homemade tomato soup recipe. This is a very simple recipe. It has a perfect balance of sweet and tangy taste.
Just a couple of ingredients and this delicious tomato soup is ready. There are many ways to make this tomato soup.
Each way makes the taste different, depending on the ingredients used, it will make your soup tastes sweet and tangy, or plain, without any flavor.
The delicious taste of this tamatar ka soup comes because of the use of onions, garlic, and dried herbs.
Also, it takes just 20 to 30 minutes to complete this recipe. So, if you are out of options for your evening snacks or your morning breakfast, you can surely try this tomato soup.
Homemade Tomato Soup
Tomato Soup Recipe
- Butter or Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Onion Medium Cubed - 1
- Red Tomatoes - 500 Gms
- Large Garlic Cloves Chopped - 2
- Basil - 2 Stalks
- Salt - According to Your Need
- Water - 1 ½ Cup
- Corn Flour - ¾ Tsp
- Sugar - 1 Tbsp
- Dried Herbs Mixed Italian Herbs - 1 Tsp
- Small Carrot Diced - 1
- Pepper Powder - ½ Tsp
- Steps to Make Homemade Tomato SoupSteps to prepare Tomato Soup
- Step 1: In a frying pan, heat 1 Tbsp oil or butter.
- Step 2: Add 1 diced medium onion, 2 chopped large garlic cloves and saute it for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Step 3: Then add 500 grams of diced tomatoes and stir them until tomatoes turn soft.
- Step 4: Now, add 2 stalks of basil and cook it for some time. Then turn off the flame and let the mixture cool.
- Steps to Make Tomato Soup Recipe
- Step 1: Remove the basil from the mixture and add it to the blender.
- Step 2: Add 1 Cup of water and blend them together till smooth.
- Step 3: Sieve the mixture over a pot or a deep pan.
- Step 4: Bring the filtered soup into boil and simmer the mixture for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Step 5: In the meanwhile, take ¾ Tsp of corn flour in half a cup of water and add it parts by parts into the boiling soup.
- Step 6: Keep stirring the mixture until it slightly thickens.
- Step 7: Add more salt if required. Also, add 1 Tbsp Sugar and let the soup simmer.
- Step 8: Switch off the flame after it reaches the desired consistency. Add the dried herbs and cover it with a lid for a minute or two.
- Your tomato soup is ready. Serve it with Homemade croutons.
Related Tomato Soup Recipe Video