This homemade jalebi recipe is a very delicious sweet dish that can be prepared in minutes. There are 2 ways to make Jalebis. I have shown the easiest way to make these crispy yummy jalebis at home. The quickest way to make this jalebi is mostly used if anyone craves sweets or there some new guests arrive unknowingly. But, I always prefer the traditional method in which the batter is kept in the fermentation process for at least 8 hours.
This fermentation gives your jalebi ki recipe a unique taste which is the important part of this Indian sweet recipe. Apart from gulab jamun, jalebi is also one of the most popular sweet dishes in all over India. In almost every shop, and occasions, you will find jalebi with rabdi or gulab jamuns.
But, in West Bengal, you won’t find this jalebi instead, there are jalebis made up of mung bean, and yellow dal lentil. Unlike normal jalebis, mung beans and yellow dal jalebis are made very thick and are very soft. These jalebis are very popular in funfairs or marriage ceremonies.
In West Bengal marriages, jalebis and rasgullas are served. Rasgulla which is the primary sweet West Bengal is famous for.This homemade jalebi is very easy and can be made even by a beginner who has just started cooking and baking. Make sure that you eat these jalebis within 3 to 4 days so make them in small batches.
Recipe with detailed ingredients and steps are provided in the recipe card below. You can also print this recipe from the button provided in the recipe card.
If you like this jalebi ki recipe, then you can try these other sweets dishes like,
To make this homemade jalebi recipe | instant jalebi recipe, you would need,
– In a Kadhai or large vessel, add sugar and water. Bring it to boil on high flame until it reaches 1 string consistency
– Add lemon juice and the cardamom powder and mix them well.
– Take a bowl, add cornflour, a pinch of turmeric powder, and all-purpose flour and mix them well.
– Now, add curd and water and whisk them into a thick batter. No lumps should be left in the batter.
– The batter should be thick flowing consistency. Take a Kadhai and add oil to deep fry the jalebis.
– Switch on the flame and keep it on low. Add some lemon juice and mix the batter once more.
– Add baking soda and mix the batter properly.
– Also, add the batter into the sauce bottle and check if the batter is too thin or too thick by forming a shape in the oil. If you can form a spiral shape, then you can go ahead with the frying.
– Add the batter into the bottle. Keep the flame on low and gently squeeze the bottle and move in a circular shape from the center to the outer side to make a spiral shape.
– At first, you won’t be able to form a proper shape. But after trying for 3 to 4 times, you will be able to form a proper shape.
– As soon as you are done frying any jalebi, immediately dip it into the sugar syrup.
– Keep the syrup warm while dipping the jalebi. After a few minutes, remove them from the sugar syrup and keep them aside on a plate.
– Similarly, make all the jalebi and serve them hot. You can also keep them refrigerated for later consumption. But consume it within 3 to 4 days.
A crunchy aloo ka samosa recipe is made of spicy potato filling and all-purpose flour.… Read More
Bread besan toast is a quick and easy breakfast recipe. All you need is some… Read More
Homemade Mango Ice Cream | Alphonso Mango Ice Cream This homemade mango ice cream recipe… Read More
In this quarantine summer, try this fresh mango juice to refresh your lives. Why depend on… Read More
Chana curry recipe is y family's favorite recipe. It is a very delicious Indian curry… Read More
Shockingly easy this 3- ingredient homemade maggi dosa is very easy to make. This dosa can… Read More