Gujarati Fafda Recipe | Fafda Banane Ki Recipe | Fafda Recipe
Whats Cooking India? It’s a Gujarati fafda recipe. It is a fried crunchy snack, made with Chickpea flour (Besan).
Fafda recipe is a very popular Gujarati snack, that can be enjoyed in breakfast with jalebi.
It is a very quick recipe and doesn’t require many ingredients. During the Dussehra festival, people mostly love to eat Fafdas with Jalebis not only in Gujarat but in Mumbai as well.
These recipes can be easily found in a nearby sweets store. But, homemade foods are best.
Follow these steps mentioned below to easily make the crispy Gujarati fafda at home.
Serve the fafdas hot with jalebis, or fried green chilies. You can also try homemade Methi thepla.
Chickpea Flour - 1 Cup (1 Cup = 250 ml)
Black Pepper (Finely powdered) - 10
Carom Seeds (Ajwain) - ¼ Tsp
Turmeric Powder - ¼ Tsp
Baking Powder - a pinch
Oil - 3 Tbsp
Water - 2 to 4 Tbsp or As Required
Oil - For Deep Frying
Salt - According to your taste
Steps to make the Fafda Dough
- Step 1: Take a large bowl. Add 1 Cup Besan, Finely powdered black pepper, ¼ Tsp turmeric, carom seeds, a pinch of baking powder, salt and mix well.
- Step 2: Start adding 3 Tbsp water parts by parts and knead properly and form a smooth dough.
- Step 3: Lastly, add 2 Tbsp of oil and knead once again properly. Your Dough is ready, cover with a clean cloth and keep it aside.
Steps to make Gujarati Fafda Recipe
- Step 1: Make small golf ball sized balls from the dough.
- Step 2: Now, take a wooden board, grease it with oil properly.
- Step 3: Take 1 portion, with the help of your palm, apply a little pressure, forcibly press and flatten the portion and move your palms forward to make it flat.
- Step 4: Gently pick up the elongated fafda from the board, and keep it in a separate plate. Grease the plate before placing the fafdas. Cover it with a clean cloth to prevent it from getting dry.
- Step 5: Take a Kadhai, heat oil over a high flame to deep fry the fafdas.
- Step 6: After it is hot, reduce the flame to low - medium. Slowly slowly add the fafdas from one side. Don’t overcrowd the Kadai with fafdas.
- Step 7: Cook one side till it turns crispy. When it’s done, flip the fafdas carefully using a spoon and fry till it turns crispy.
- Step 8: Don’t fry the fafdas till it turns brown. As soon as your fafdas turns crispy, remove it and drain the excess oil.
Your Fafda is ready. Enjoy it with jalebi or fried green chilies.
- If you don’t have a wooden board, then you can use the backside of a large plate.
- Apply little pressure. That’s because, if you apply a lot of pressure, then the dough will stick to the base and won’t come out.
- You can also use a rolling pin to flatten the fafdas. After rolling, cut 1-inch strips using a kitchen knife.
- Fafdas gets fried very quickly. Do not let it get too brown.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 221Total Fat 6gSodium 2mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 1gProtein 3g
Related Fafda Recipe Video
A crunchy aloo ka samosa recipe is made of spicy potato filling and all-purpose flour.… Read More
Bread besan toast is a quick and easy breakfast recipe. All you need is some… Read More
This homemade jalebi recipe is a very delicious sweet dish that can be prepared in… Read More
Homemade Mango Ice Cream | Alphonso Mango Ice Cream This homemade mango ice cream recipe… Read More
In this quarantine summer, try this fresh mango juice to refresh your lives. Why depend on… Read More
This chana curry recipe is the most ordered dish for my family. Whenever we go… Read More