Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake Recipe | Tutti Frutti Cake
Whats Cooking India? It’s eggless tutti frutti cake recipe. This is a very popular light and easy cake recipe which you can have with your tea or coffee.
This recipe is so easy that even a newbie can make this tutti frutti cake very easily.
For better taste, you can add vanilla essence, pineapple essence or any essence you prefer. Alternatively, you can also use cinnamon powder or cardamom powder for better taste.
To make the cake soft and moist, the use of butter or oil is very essential. ½ cup of butter or oil will give your cake a lovely moist and crumb.
You can also make eggless chocolate sponge cake or plum cake at home.
Tutti Frutti Cake Recipe
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- Cinnamon Powder - ¼ Tsp
- All-Purpose Flour - 1½ Cup
- Salt - a pinch
- Baking Powder - 1½ Tsp
- Water - ½ Cup
- Tutti Frutti - ½ Cup
- Sugar - 1 Cup
- Butter or oil - ¼ Cup
- Vanilla Essence - ½ Tsp
- Pineapple Essence (Optional) - ½ Tsp
- Curd - 3 Tbsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar - 1 Tbsp
Steps to make Tutti Frutti Cake without Egg
- Step 1: Preheat your oven for 15 to 20 minutes at 180 degree celsius
- Step 2: In a large bowl, sieve all the dry ingredients which include All-Purpose flour, Cinnamon powder, salt, and baking powder.
- Step 3: Add tutti frutti in it and mix well.
- Step 4: Take a 7 to 10 inches large baking pan, grease it with oil or butter and keep it aside.
- Step 5: In another bowl, dissolve ¾ cup of sugar in ½ cup water.
- Step 6: Now, add ¼ cup butter, 1 Tsp vanilla essence or 1 tsp pineapple essence and mix them well.
- Step 7: Take another bowl, add 3 Tbsp fresh curd, 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar, and 1 tbsp of water. Mix well.
- Step 8: Add ½ Tsp of baking soda to this mixture. The mixture will now froth and bubble up.
- Step 9: Now, immediately add the sugar solution and the baking soda solution into the dry mix.
- Step 10: Mix them all together and form a smooth dough.
- Step 11: Pour this tutti frutti cake batter in greased baking pan.
- Step 12: Tap the sides of the tray for 2 to 3 times to remove any bubbles from the batter and place the pan inside the preheated oven.
- Step 13: Bake it for 40 to 50 minutes more or less as required on 180 Degrees celsius.
- Step 14: Check if your cake is cooked properly by inserting a toothpick or fork. If it comes out clean then your cake is ready. If it doesn’t then bake it for some more time.
Your eggless Tutti Frutti cake is ready. Let it cool down completely, cut it into thin slices and serve it with tea or coffee.
- Baking time for cake will depend on the size and the temperature conditions of your oven. Keep checking.
- You can adjust the sweetness level according to your preference by adding more or decreasing the quantity of sugar used.
- Use brown sugar instead of normal sugar.
- You can choose the baking tray of any size and shape.
- Instead of pineapple or vanilla essence, you can use any essence of your choice.
Amount Per Serving Calories 282Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 33mgSodium 194mgCarbohydrates 39gSugar 20gProtein 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate. These are approximate values.
Related Tutti Frutti Cake Recipe Video