Eggless Rava Cake | Suji Ka Cake | Suji Cake Recipe
This eggless Rava cake is a spongy sweet cake made with very little ingredients. Rava is also known as suji in Hindi.
This is a simple Rava cake without any extra flavor. But, you can use vanilla essence, rose water or any other syrup to give your suji ka cake a unique flavor.
You can use any dry fruits to top the cake while baking. Most importantly, this cake is made without eggs.
Curd and milk are used to whisk the cake. It gives the cake a unique taste and texture.
This Rava cake was made in an oven, but you can also bake it in a pressure cooker similar to the rice cooker cake that I made earlier.
You can also top the cake with tutti frutti while baking or mix with the batter. Whichever you like. But, don’t add too much.
Eggless Rava Cake Recipe
- Semolina (Suji/Rava) - 1½ Cup
- Unsalted Butter - ½ Cup
- Powdered Sugar - 1 Cup
- Maida (All-Purpose Flour) - ½ Cup
- Salt -According to Your Preference
- Cardamom Powder (Elaichi Powder) - ¼ Tsp
- Milk - 1 Cup
- Curd - ¼ Cup
- Baking Powder - ¾ Tsp
- Baking Soda - ½ Tsp
- Vanilla Essence - 1 Tsp
Steps To Make Eggless Spongy Rava Cake
- In a bowl, take ½ cup melted butter (keep the butter at room temperature 10 minutes before starting the recipe).
- Add 1 cup powdered sugar. Mix both the ingredients well till the mix turns smooth.
- Now, add 1½ cup semolina, and ½ cup maida and mix well.
- Add the curd, milk, salt and cardamom powder. Mix well. The consistency should be thick flowing.
- Keep it aside for at least 20 to 30 minutes.
- Now, add ¾ Tsp Baking Powder and ½ Tsp Baking Soda and mix well.
- Transfer the batter into a baking tray. You can use any shape and size you want.
- Bake the cake at 180-degree celsius for 30 to 40 minutes. Now, carefully using a toothpick, insert in the cake. If it comes out dry, then your cake is ready.
- Otherwise, bake it for some more time.
- Remove the cake and let it cool. Your rava cake is ready to be served.
Serve it during breakfast or in snacks with tea and some snacks.
- To check if the cake is fully baked or not, insert a toothpick into the cake. If it comes out without anything sticking on it, then your cake is well cooked.
- Instead of vanilla essence, you can also use pineapple or rose essence.
- Soon after adding the batter into the tray, you can garnish the top with some dry fruits or tutti frutti.
- You can skip cardamom powder if you want.