What’s Cooking India? Today it’s delicious mouth-watering, healthy, tasty, spices blended Pav Bhaji. Who doesn’t love it?? It was originally used as a fast food by some textile mill workers in the 19th Century. After then, restaurants, and handcart stalls started selling this vegetable spices blended Pav bhaji.
It became popular and one of everyone’s favorite snack because of its healthy benefits (Blend of all the vegetables together), and its rich aromatic taste.
It is very easy to cook, and you can use any vegetables that you want. Mothers cheat their children by using the vegetables that they don’t eat in Pav Bhaji.😜 Pav Bhajis are mummy’s Best Friend. My mummy used to cheat me.
Without wasting any more time, let’s just start the Recipe.
Pav Bhaji Recipe Ingredients
|Chopped Green Capsicum||¼ cup (1 piece)|
|Chopped Green Chilli||1 Piece|
|Green Peas||1 Cup|
|Chopped Beans||¼ Cup|
|Chopped Carrot||¼ Cup|
|Kasturi Methi||½ Tbsp|
|Salt||According to your taste|
|Chopped Garlic||1 Tsp|
|Chopped Ginger||1 Tsp|
|Pav Bhaji Masala||1 Tbsp|
|Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder (Optional)||½ Tsp|
|Chopped Onion||1 cup|
|Lemon Juice||1 Tbsp|
|Pav||According to your Hunger|
Method to Cook Delicious Aromatic Pav Bhaji
1) How to prepare Bhaji.
- In a Kadhai or a big pan, take 1 Tbsp oil.
- Keep the flame on High, add Capsicum and green chili and sort it for 3 to 4 minutes. This step will ensure the taste of Green Capsicum and Green Chili is maintained.
- Now, lower the flame and then add all other vegetables (Green Peas, Chopped Beans, Chopped Carrot, Mashed Potato, Chopped Tomato) in it.
- Sort it for 30 seconds. Then, add ½ tbsp Kasturi Methi, and 1 tbsp salt.
- Remember to use less salt. This is because Butter already contains salt. And without butter, Pav Bhaji doesn’t taste like a Pav Bhaji.
- Now, mix all the vegetables properly and cook it for at least 3 minutes.
- Now, again add 2 tsp butter, 2 tsp Ginger Garlic paste (1 tsp Garlic, 1 tsp Ginger), 1 tbsp Pav Bhaji Masala.
- Now, mix these spices properly with the vegetables.
- The actual taste of a Pav Bhaji lies in this step. Now, take a potato masher, and start mashing all the vegetables in the Kadhai or Pan.
- It will take at least 5 to 7 Minutes to mash the vegetables properly. Remember not to leave any lump of any vegetable. If it requires some more time, then don’t hesitate to use it.
- After it is done, remove the vegetables and keep it aside in another plate.
- In the same cooking pan or kadhai, take 1 tsp oil, and 4 tsp butter.
- Add 1 cup chopped Onions, Parsley, and 1 tsp Kasturi Methi.
- Mix it for 1 minute and then add 1 tsp Pav Bhaji Masala, and ½ tsp salt. Let it cook until the onions are translucent.
- After the onions have become translucent, add 1 tsp lemon juice and sort it for another 1 minute.
- Now, add the vegetables that were kept aside. Give a good stir so that both vegetables and the onions mix up properly.
- Slowly add water till the consistency of the bhaji is thick or till the consistency, you would like to eat it.
- Once again use a potato masher and mash the vegetables.
- Now, your Bhaji is ready to eat.
2) How to cook the Pav
- Take 1 tbsp butter in a pan, let it melt, then add ½ tsp of Kasturi Methi, and ½ tsp of Parsley and a pinch of Pav Bhaji Masala.
- Now, fry the pav into it.
- Now your Pav and bhaji both are ready to be served.
Tip to Prepare Pav Bhaji more Deliciously.
- The more you cook the more it will taste better.
- Use as much butter as you can as the aromatic taste of Pav Bhaji lies in the butter itself.
- For a flavourful taste while cooking the vegetables, use butter with oil in Equal proportion (Optional).
- The choice of vegetables depends on you. It is not necessary that the vegetables mentioned above should only be used. You can use your favorite vegetables.
- Use butter wholeheartedly.