My first recipe on this website is Aloo Puri or Potato Poori. It can be served for Breakfast or Lunch, or Dinner meal. It is very easy and can be prepared very fast. All the ingredients required in this Recipe will be available in your kitchen. I started making this recipe recently, and guess what, now it has become one of my most favorite cooked dishes. I often prepare and pack it for my afternoon lunch.
It tastes so well that I get only 1 Puri to eat. All my colleagues eat the rest.😂 So without spending any more time on reading, let’s start the Crispy Aloo Puri Recipe.
Crispy Aloo Puri Recipe Ingredients:
|Wheat Flour||2 cups|
|Boiled Potatoes||2 Large|
|Salt||According to your taste|
|Red Chilli Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|White Sesame Seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric Powder||½ Teaspoon|
|Cumin Seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Carom Seeds||½ Teaspoon|
|Coriander Leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Green Chilli||2 Pieces|
|Fine Semolina||2 TableSpoon|
Method To Cook Soft Yet Crispy Aloo Puri Recipe:
- Take 2 Cups wheat flour in a big plate.
- Then smash 2 Large potatoes using a grater into the Wheat flour. You can also use your hand but I will suggest you to use a grater.
- Add some Salt according to your taste.
- Add 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder along with 1 Teaspoon White Sesame Seeds and ½ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder.
- Then add 1 Teaspoon Cumin and ½ Teaspoon carom seeds (Ajwain).
- Then finely chop 2 Tablespoon Coriander leaves along with 2 pieces of green chili.
- Now, add 2 tablespoons of fine semolina (Rawa) and 1 Spoon oil.
- Now slowly start to knead the atta by adding water slowly and make a soft and smooth dough.
- After you have prepared the dough, keep it aside and cover it with a dry clean cloth for 10 to 15 Minutes.
- Now again knead the dough for half a minute and now your dough is ready to be cooked.
- Make small pieces of the dough or according to your preferred size.
- Roll those small pieces in between your hands to make it soft.
- Now, make small puri from that small wheat dough balls.
- Make it thick or thin according to your taste.
- Now, in a deep cooking pot, fill half of it with oil and bring it to heat.
- After it starts to boil, start frying the Puris one by one.
- After all the Puris are finished frying, now serve it with any of your favorite Cuisine or it can also be consumed as it is without any other cuisine.
Tips To Make Your Aloo Puri Better:
- Always smash the potatoes with the help of a grater. This is because, if any lump is left in potato, your Puri won’t taste good.
- Use of Ajwain is optional but it adds an added taste to puris.
- Add water to the wheat flour slowly as the potatoes in the Flour also leaves a small amount of water.
- Always remember, to heat the oil to its max temperature. This is because if the oil is not much hot, then your Puri won’t swell.
If you liked the Recipe, then do comment below. It would encourage me to cook and share more. And also do better more.