Chocolate Sponge Cake Recipe | Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe
Whats Cooking India? It’s soft chocolate sponge cake recipe. This sponge cake is made with some basic ingredients like wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and water.
These cakes were invented during World War II. As it was formed using the very basic ingredients, which were the shortages at that time.
This is eggless chocolate cake recipe is very easy to make. Even a beginner can make this recipe with any difficulty.
Also, this is a healthy recipe, as whole wheat flour is used.
You can also try our Kulkul sweet recipe. It is delicious and easy to cook.
Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake
Whole Wheat Flour - 120 Grams
baking soda - 3 Tbsp
Cocoa Powder - 3 Tbsp
Sugar - 150 Grams
Salt - a Pinch
Water - 1 Cup (1 Cup = 250 ML)
Butter - ¼ Cup
Lemon Juice - 1 Tbsp
Vanilla Extract - ½ Tsp
Cashews (Chopped) - 2 to 3 pieces
Raisins (Chopped) - 2 to 3 pieces
Pistachios (Chopped) - 2 to 3 pieces
Steps to make Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake Recipe
- Step 1: Grease a baking pan of your choice of shape. But, it should be 2 inches in height and 7 to 8 inches in diameter.
- Step 2: Preheat the oven for 10 minutes to 200 degree Celsius.
- Step 3: Using a strainer, sieve 3 Tbsp cocoa powder, 1 Cup wheat flour, salt a pinch, and ½ Tsp of baking soda in a bowl.
- Step 4: In a separate bowl, dissolve ¾ Cup sugar in 1 cup of water.
- Step 5: Add ¼ Cup of melted butter, vanilla extract and the lime juice in that sugar syrup and mix well.
- Step 6: Now, add the dry flour mixture to this wet mixture and mix everything well. There should be any lumps left in the batter and the consistency should be medium.
- Step 7: Add all the chopped dry fruits (Cashews, raisins, and pistachios) and mix well.
- Step 8: Now, pour the whole batter into the greased baking pan.
- Step 9: Let the extra air bubbles out from the batter by tapping on the sides of the baking pan.
- Step 10: Now, bake the chocolate sponge cake recipe for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven in 200 degree Celsius.
Your chocolate sponge cake eggless recipe is prepared. Insert a knife or toothpick to check whether the cake is cooked properly or not.
If it comes out dry without anything sticking, that means your cake is ready.
- You can also use apple cider vinegar instead of lime juice.
- You can use ½ tsp Eno fruit salt instead of baking soda.
- Mix the dry fruits in flour. It prevents them from settling on the floor.
- You can add any dry fruits of your choice. You don’t have to stick to the dry fruits mentioned above. Or you can also skip them if you want.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 164 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 5mg Carbohydrates: 25g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 16g Protein: 2g
Related Chocolate Cake Recipe Video