Whats Cooking India? It’s Chicken 65 recipe. It is a very popular South Indian starter dish that is spicy and delicious.
There are many different ways of making this recipe. It is a popular snack made using marinated chicken.
In this recipe, small boneless chicken pieces are marinated in Chicken 65 masala, and then deep-fried until the pieces turn crispy.
There are different types of recipes of Chicken 65. To make Hyderabadi chicken 65, you will need to marinate the chicken in curd as well.
This is a dry version of chicken 65, you can also make a gravy version of this recipe by adding soy sauce, red chili sauce, and vinegar after your chicken pieces are fried.
You can pair chicken 65 with Chicken Schezwan fried rice. Follow the steps below for the best chicken 65 dry recipe.
You can serve chicken 65 with jeera rice with Dal tadka fry recipe.
Chicken 65 Recipe
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- Egg White - 1
- Boneless Chicken Pieces - 250 Grams
- Corn Flour - 3 Tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste - ½ Tbsp for Marinating + (½ Tsp for Cooking)
- Curd - 1 ½ Tbsp for Marinating + (2 Tbsp for Cooking)
- Red Chili Powder - ½ Tsp for Marinating + (¾ Tsp for Cooking)
- Turmeric - a pinch
- Pepper Powder - ½ Tsp
- Curry Leaves - 6 to 10
- Oil - For Deep Frying
- Salt - According to your taste
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera) - ½ Tsp
- Chopped Garlic - ½ Tsp
- Slitted Green Chilies - 3
- Pepper Powder - ½ Tsp
- Water - 2 Tbsp
Steps to Prepare Chicken 65 Recipe (Marination)
- Step 1: In a large bowl, add 1 ½ Tbsp curd, ½ Tsp Red Chili Powder, ½ Tbsp Ginger Garlic paste, a pinch of turmeric, and salt according to your taste, 3 to 4 chopped curry leaves, and ½ Tsp Pepper Powder. Mix it well.
- Step 2: Add freshly cut and properly washed small boneless chunks of chicken and mix properly. Keep it aside for at least 1 hour.
- Step 3: Add 3 Tbsp corn flour, and 1 egg white to the marinated chicken. Mix well. Your Chicken is ready to be fried.
Steps to make Chicken 65 Recipe
- Step 1: Take a deep pan. Switch on the flame, keep on high. Add oil to deep fry your marinated chicken.
- Step 2: As soon as the oil is hot, bring the flame on medium, add the chicken pieces slowly and one by one.
- Step 3: Let it fry till it turns crispy. When the bubbles are stopped, then this is the time that you remove your chicken pieces.
- Step 4: Fry all the chicken pieces and remove them on a tissue paper.
- Step 5: In a Kadhai, heat 1 Tbsp oil, add ½ Tsp chopped garlic, ½ Tsp cumin seeds, Slitted Green Chilies and 1 to 2 curry leaves.
- Step 6: Fry for a minute, then add ¾ Tsp Red Chili powder, ½ Tsp ginger garlic paste, 2 Tbsp curd, Sugar and salt according to your taste. Stir well.
- Step 7: As soon as the mixture starts thickening, add the chicken pieces and keep stirring.
- Step 8: Just stir for 1 to 2 minutes, as it is enough time to coat all the chicken pieces evenly. Switch off the flame and serve hot with Chicken fried rice or egg schezwan fried rice.
- You can increase or decrease the amount of red chili powder according to your taste.
- You can also keep your marinated chicken overnight in the fridge instead of 1 hour.
- Don’t use very sour curd. Use a freshly made curd.
- You can skip the marination part. There is readymade Chicken 65 masala available in the market. Just use that, and follow the rest of the procedure as it is.
- You can skip adding the egg. But use water instead of that.
Serving Size 300 Grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 468Saturated Fat 7gCholesterol 114mgSodium 829mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 32g
Related Chicken 65 Video