Chana curry recipe is y family’s favorite recipe. It is a very delicious Indian curry recipe made with onion and tomato paste which can also be called an important ingredient in this chole curry recipe. The authentic chana masala is made with white chickpeas. Chana masala is also one of the main curry recipe that is included in functions or ceremonies along with pooris and other dishes.
You can try aloo poori along with this recipe. You can also call this aloo puri as lazy people’s recipe. In this recipe, unlike aloo paratha, all the ingredients are mixed together and formed a dough. Different states and regions have their own method of making this chana bhaji. Some use white chickpeas, or some may use black chickpeas.
It is the most popular curry in India. Even it is very special for my family. Every time we visit a restaurant, chana masala along with tandoori roti is always our first dish to order.
Punjabi chole is made by freshly grounded spices, onions, and tomatoes which are made into gravy. Then the white chickpeas are added and simmered for some time.
In this post, I have used less spicy as we don’t eat many spicy things. But, you can use garam masala and red chili powder according to your preference. If you like spicy, then you can add them more. You can make this recipe for your lunch or dinner every week. Serve this curry to your guests, and I am very sure that they will love this recipe.
You can serve this chole masala with fulka or tandoori roti. It also tastes best with normal basmati rice or jeera rice. The chickpeas are kept in water for soaking for at least 8 hours. If you want to make them in urgent, then you can add hot boiling water to the chickpeas, cover and keep aside for an hour.
Although the taste will change, the chickpeas that were kept for 8 hours soaking will be much lighter and better in taste than the later. Also, it won’t upset your stomach.
Recipe with detailed ingredients and steps are provided in the recipe card below. You can also print this recipe from the button provided in the recipe card.
You can try these other curry recipes like,
To make Punjabi chole, you would need these ingredients:
– Soak the chickpeas in water for at least 8 hours.
– Drain the water, rinse it thoroughly and pressure cook it with 2 cups of water for 4 to 5 whistles.
– Don’t open the lid until the pressure is completely released.
– Now, take a frying pan, add oil, let it heat on medium flame.
– Add chopped onions, ginger garlic paste and saute them for a minute.
– Now, add chopped tomatoes and saute them until the tomatoes turn soft.
– Add the spices, red chili powder, salt and saute it for a minute. Switch off the flame, and let this mixture cool completely.
– After it is cooled down completely, blend them on a mixer to a smooth paste.
– In a Kadhai, heat some oil, then add green cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon, and bay leaf. Now add chopped onion and saute for a minute.
– Next add chopped green chili, garam masala, coriander powder, and the tomato-onion paste. Keep sauteeing them until oil starts coming out.
– Then, add the pressure cooked chickpeas and the water (as per your need) in which it was boiled into the kadhai. You can always add more water, and then simmer it to reduce down to your choice of consistency.
– Give a good stir and let it simmer on low to medium flame until it reaches the consistency you require.
– Switch off the flame, add chopped coriander leaves, stir once, and keep it aside. Your chole masala is ready.
Aloo poori recipe or aloo ki puri is my most favorite snack. For, me, it… Read More
A crunchy aloo ka samosa recipe is made of spicy potato filling and all-purpose flour.… Read More
Bread besan toast is a quick and easy breakfast recipe. All you need is some… Read More
This homemade jalebi recipe is a very delicious sweet dish that can be prepared in… Read More
Homemade Mango Ice Cream | Alphonso Mango Ice Cream This homemade mango ice cream recipe… Read More