CAT 2019 Exam | Eligibility, Registration Fees, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
CAT 2019 (Common Admission Test) examination is the biggest milestone for the candidates who wish to take admission in MBA College all over India. MBA entrance examination is very tough to crack. This examination will be conducted on a rotation basis by Indian Institutes of Management (IIM’s). This exam is given the highest priority by many top management schools. It is a national level entrance examination conducted all over India at various test centers authorized by the Management Institutes. Once the exam is cleared, there will be various MBA course that the candidate can apply for.
The CAT exam is designed in such a way that it carves a candidate in all the aspects required by top companies. To get into a business school, the candidate has to be eligible and pass the CAT examination. All the details about Eligibility criteria, Exam dates, Registration Process are available in this post.
The CAT exam syllabus includes Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation, Verbal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning.
There is no shortcut to crack the CAT 2019 examination. You have to study hard enough to pass this biggest milestone.
CAT 2019 Exam Dates
|Notification Release||29th July 2018|
|Online Registration Starts||8th August 2018 (started)|
|Last date for Registration||19th September 2018|
|Application Correction Starts||4th week of September 2018|
|Admit Card Downloading Starts||24th October 2018|
|Mock Test||3rd week October 2018|
|CAT Aptitude Test||25th November 2018|
|Cut Off Release||Last week of November 2018|
|Answer Key Release||1st week of December 2018|
|Result Announcement||2nd week of January 2019|
CAT 2019 Exam Registration (Started)
The Candidates will have to register themselves in order to give the examination and the registration can be done only through online mode. Below are the process and documents that are required to submit at the time of registration. Documents and the steps for registration are as follows:
- The registration window is open now.
- Upload the image of your photograph and signature.
- Dimension of photograph: 30mm x 45mm and size: <= 80kb
- Dimension of signature: 80mm x 35mm and size <= 80kb
- Format: JPG or JPEG format.
- Category Certificate for NC-OBC/SC/ST/PWD candidates
- At the time of registration, the candidates have to fill their choice of Four cities as per their preference.
- After filling the form, taking a print out is must for further use.
CAT 2019 Exam Registration Fees
The candidate has to pay registration fees through online mode via Credit card (Visa/Master/Diners Club/Amex), Debit Card (Visa/Rupay/Master), net banking, cash card, and wallet. Registration fees are given below:
|All other categories||Rs. 1800 + Transaction Procession Fee|
|SC, ST, and PWD||Rs. 900 + Transaction Procession Fee|
CAT 2019 Correction
The authorities will provide a correction facility in the application forms in the Month of September 2018. The corrections will be made through online mode. The details of correction that are allowed are as follows:
- Corrections can be made only in some personal details such as Gender, Work Experience, Address, Educational Details, interview city preference, exam city, category, etc.
- If candidates have made a mistake other than these areas, then he/she has to register again with a new email ID.
- Candidates have to do the correction through their userID and Password.
CAT 2019 Exam- Eligibility Criteria
The candidate has to be eligible to take the CAT examination. The eligibility criteria for the same are as follows:
- Age: No age restriction
- Qualifying Exam: Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent qualifying exam
- Minimum Marks: General Category- 50%, SC/ST/PWD- 45% or an equivalent CGPA.
- Who can appear: Candidates who are appearing for current Third-year bachelor’s degree can also appear.
- Also, the candidates who possess an equivalent examination well recognized by MHRD, or government of India can also apply.
CAT 2019 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam– Computer-based Test
- Session– Two
- Duration– 180 Minutes
- Type of Question– Objective and subjective both
- Number of Questions– 100 questions
- Marking Scheme– 3 marks will be allotted for each correct answer
- Negative marking– No negative marks for subjective type questions, One mark will be deducted for every wrong answer in objective type questions
|Sections||Subjects||Time Allotted||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Section I||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||60 minutes||34||102|
|Section II||Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||60 minutes||32||96|
|Section III||Quantitative Ability||60 minutes||34||102|
CAT 2019 Syllabus
Candidates have to prepare for CAT examination according to the sections mentioned in the examination. These sections are
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension,
- Data Interpretation,
- Logical Reasoning & Quantitative Ability
A detailed information about the syllabus for these sections are given below:
1. Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)
- It includes passage of medium Length, each with 250 to 300 words. The questions will be direct or inferential questions.
- English usage: Fill in the blanks, Sentence correction, Grammar, Verbal Reasoning, Synonyms, Antonyms, etc.
2. Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DI & LR)
- In Data Interpretation, Questions related to bar graphs, a combination of graphs, pie charts, line graphs, caselet, tables, data sufficiency would be asked.
- In Logical Reasoning, questions related to blood relations, Binary logic, Clocks and calendars, family tree, Venn diagram, Syllogism, matching puzzle, seating arrangement, proposition, sets, statements would be asked.
3. Mathematics or Quantitative Ability (QA)
- Algebra, Higher Maths, Modern Mathematics, Trigonometry, Number System, Geometry, Arithmetic, Mensuration, etc.
CAT 2019 Admit Card
Candidates will have to download their admit card in order to appear for CAT examination. Admit card will be available from Third Week of October.
Points to Keep in Mind for Admit Card
- Admit Card will be available in online mode
- Candidate will get their admit Card only after entering their User ID and Password.
- Admit Card won’t be available in Offline mode.
- The candidate should bring the admit card at the time of examination with one Photo ID proof without which the candidate won’t be able to appear for the examination.
CAT 2019 Cut off
There are certain marks criteria on the basis with which the candidates are given admissions to different business schools in India. Points to remember before the admission process
- The cut off for CAT 2019 will be released after some weeks of the exam.
- It will be announced according to the category, IIM’s, and sections.
Category wise cut off are as follows:
CAT 2019 Answer Key
Answer key for CAT along with the questions will be released in the month of December 2019. It will be made available only through online mode posted on their official website. The candidates who wish to challenge the answer key can do so after filling an objection form.
CAT 2019 results
All the details about the release date, scorecard, mode, etc are given below:
- The results will be declared in the month of January 2019.
- It will be made available only through online mode.
- An SMS will be sent to all the selected candidates from their respected college.
- The candidates have to download their score card be entering their user ID and password.
CAT 2019 Admission Procedure
Post clearing the CAT exam, candidates have to appear for GDPI (Group Discussion & Personal Interviews) and Written Ability Test (WAT) rounds. Admissions will be given to the candidates on the basis of academic performance, work experience after the above-mentioned rounds.
- First and foremost, keep your health alright, Keep yourself healthy always.
- Always understand the pattern and syllabus of the exam by practicing the previous year’s paper and by taking mock tests.
- Study from a good study material.
- Make small notes about some tricks and important topics.
- Revise each section odd the exam within one week.
PS: Any suggestions about this post or other posts on this website, then you can just comment us in the comments section below.