Boiled Egg Sandwich | 1 Easy Healthy Sandwich Recipe
A boiled egg sandwich recipe is a healthy breakfast recipe. Actually a perfect way to start your day is by having a healthy breakfast. Eggs are a very good source of protein. This boiled egg sandwich recipe takes a very short time to prepare. 1 large egg (50 g) contains at least 6 grams of proteins, and 5 grams of fat(1).
I have used fewer veggies in this recipe. But, you can use any amount of veggies for your hard-boiled egg sandwich. First, boil the eggs, then chop the veggies, grease the slices of bread, add the veggies and smashed or diced boiled egg, and toast it. It is so simple similar like my other simple sandwich recipes like pizza sandwich and aloo toast sandwich.
While making the filling, you can sprinkle some fried cumin seed powder and some grated cheese to give your sandwich a cheesy touch. Make this sandwich recipe for your breakfast or tiffin. Serve this egg sandwich with a glass of fresh fruit juice.
Recipe with detailed ingredients and steps are provided in the recipe card below. You can also print this recipe from the button provided in the recipe card.
You can also try our other easy breakfast and snacks recipes like,
3. Homemade Pizza without Oven
Healthy Boiled Egg Sandwich | Boiled Egg Sandwich
To make this boiled egg sandwich, you would need,
- Boiled Eggs
- Green Chili
- Red Chili Powder
- Cumin Seed
- Cabbage / Lettuce
– Boil the 2 eggs, remove its shells, and keep it aside for later use. Take a frying pan. Add some oil and bring it to heat.
– Now, add the cumin seeds, garlic cloves, and onion and salt and saute it well. Add oregano, chili powder, and saute them for a minute.
– Now, remove this onion mixture in a plate and let it cool for 5 minutes. Take the slices of the bread. Apply butter on both sides of the bread.
– Toast them on both sides in a Tawa until it turns golden brown in color. You can also use a toaster.
– Now, take the boiled eggs, slice them vertically in 3 to 4 slices, and keep it aside.
– Take one slice of the bread, spread one thin layer of the onion mixture on it. Now, place the sliced eggs and again another thin layer of onion mixture.
– Now, add a thin layer of raw veggies, place another piece of bread, and press it tightly with a spoon. Your boiled quick egg sandwich is ready.
Boiled Egg Sandwich
Healthy Egg Sandwich for Breakfast
- 4 slices Bread
- 1 tsp Butter
- 2 tsp Oil
- 2 Boiled Eggs
- 1 large Onion Chopped
- 1 Green Chili Chopped
- ¼ tsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 cloves Garlic Chopped
- ½ tsp Cumin Seed (Jeera)
- Cucumber According to your need
- Cabbage / Lettuce According to your need
- Oregano According to your need
Steps to make Egg Sandwich Recipe
- First, boil the 2 eggs, remove its shells and keep it aside.
- Take a frying pan. Add 2 tbsp oil and bring it to heat.
- Now, add ½ Tsp cumin seeds, 2 chopped garlic cloves, and 1 chopped onion and salt according to your taste and saute it well.
- Add dried herbs, ¼ Tsp Chili powder, and a pinch of turmeric (optional). Saute them for a minute.
- Now, remove this onion mixture in a plate and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Take the slices of the bread. Apply butter on both sides of the bread.
- Toast them on both sides in a Tawa until it turns golden brown in color.
- Now, take the 2 boiled eggs, slice them vertically in 3 to 4 slices and keep it aside.
- Take one slice of the bread, spread one thin layer of the onion mixture on it. Now, place the sliced eggs and again another thin layer of onion mixture.
- Now, add a thin layer of raw veggies, place another piece of bread and press it tightly with a spoon.
- Your boiled quick egg sandwich is ready.
- Use wheat bread or whole-grain bread.
- You can substitute oil with butter.
- If you don’t like raw veggies, then just saute them in a frying pan for a minute.
Tried This Recipe?
Join our Instagram army! Send us a photo of the dish at @WhatsCookingIndia or upload and use the hashtag #whatscookingindia to get featured.