Besan Toast | Bread Besan Toast | Easy Besan Toast Recipe in 15 Minutes
Bread besan toast is a quick and easy breakfast recipe. All you need is some Indian Spices, Gram flour which is also called as Besan, and normal sandwich bread.
It is very similar to french toast, instead of bread, gram flour is used. This really saves time if you are hungry or late for your office. I usually prefer french toast, besan toast, or other toast recipes like Egg toast, Cheese toast, Garlic cheese toast, Bread Pizza, or bread pakora for my breakfast or for a quick snack.
This bread toast is really a quick recipe, which can be made in 15 minutes. This is another quick breakfast recipe for all the veg lovers.
This is very similar to french toast. Only, replacing the eggs with the besan.
There are 2 versions of frying this toast. One is by deep-frying, and the other is by frying on a frying pan with a little oil.
It is usually served with tea or coffee. But, you can also eat it with Schezwan chutney or tomato ketchup.
- Oil - For Frying
- Bread - 2 to 4 Slices
- Besan (Gram Flour) - 5 Tbsp
- Haldi (Turmeric Powder) - ¼ Tsp
- Carom Seeds - ½ Tsp
- Salt - According to your requirement
- Red Chili Powder - ¼ Tsp
- Ginger (Chopped) - ¼ Tsp
- Onions (Chopped) - 2 Tbsp
- Green Chili (Chopped) - 1
- Tomatoes (Chopped) - 2 Tbsp
- Water - Use as per your need
- Coriander Leaves (Chopped) - 1 Tbsp
Steps to make Besan Toast Recipe
- Step 1: Take a flat plate with large edges. Large enough to hold the batter.
- Step 2: Add the besan, chopped Onions, ½ tsp Carom seeds, chopped Tomatoes, finely chopped Coriander Leaves, Ginger, Red Chili powder, and salt.
- Step 3: Now, add some water, and mix them well.
- Step 4: Using a form, mix the ingredients well and form a smooth thick batter.
- Step 5: Heat oil in a frying pan on a low flame for shallow fry.
- Step 6: When the frying pan is hot, dip one side of bread in the batter and place it on the hot pan.
- Step 7: Toast it for some time until one side of the bread besan toast comes out easily. You can check it with the help of a flat spatula. Just slip in beneath your toast, and try to lift it up. If it comes out easily, then it is cooked properly.
- Step 6: Just before flipping, add a spoonful of batter on the other side and then carefully flip it.
- Step 7: Let it cook in a similar way. Both sides should turn golden in color.
- Step 8: Repeat the same process for all the slices of bread.
Serve it immediately with ketchup or Schezwan chutney.
You can also deep fry the besan toast like bread pakora.
Keep the batter thick. The consistency should not be watery.
Chop tomatoes, and onions very finely. Otherwise, you will find it difficult while frying your besan toast.
You can also add a pinch of asafoetida (hing).
Make the batter like a bread pakoda batter (watery in consistency) and shallow fry it.
Amount Per Serving Calories 239Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 19mgSodium 556mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 5gSugar 5gProtein 7g
These are approximate values. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Related Bread Besan Toast Video