Aloo Toast | Aloo Masala Sandwich | Aloo Toast Recipe
Aloo toast is one of the most basic sandwich recipes. Similar to paneer toast you can either smash the potato, mix with the dry ingredients and layer it on the slice of bread or directly add boiled potato pieces.
You can also make an open potato toast sandwich. In an open sandwich, just skip the top bread slice. Instead, add some grated cheese and toast it from one side.
You can make it in your morning breakfast, evening snacks or also for your lunch box. But, it is not much ideal for a lunch box, because the potato filling will release water and it will make the bread soft and it won’t taste good.
Serve this aloo toast sandwich with 1 glass of fresh fruit juice or milk. You can also try this delicious homemade samosa sandwich.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- Bread Slices - 4
- Red Chili Powder - 1 Tsp
- Potatoes (Medium) - 6
- Cumin Powder - 1 Tsp
- Chaat Masala - 1 Tsp
- Cheese Slices - According to your need
- Coriander Leaves - 2 Tbsp
- Butter - According to Your Requirement
- Salt - According to Your Requirement
- Cucumber (Sliced) - 1 medium
- Tomatoes (Sliced) - 1 Medium
- Onions (Sliced) - 1 Medium
- Capsicum (Sliced) - 1 Small
- Step 1: In a bowl, mash the potatoes. Add the dry ingredients, 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder, 1 Tsp Cumin Powder, salt according to your taste, and 1 Tsp Chaat Masala. Mix them well.
- Step 2: Now, add the chopped coriander leaves and mix them well.
- Step 3: Take the slices of bread. Apply butter on both sides and add a layer of mashed potato on one side.
- Step 4: Now, add some layers of the sliced veggies on top of mashed potatoes.
- Step 5: Grate some cheese on top and cover it with another buttered slice of bread.
- Step 7: Take a Tawa, add some butter in the center of the Tawa, toast the sandwich. Using a spoon, press it gently so that it sticks together. (I have used a stovetop toaster.)
Toast it until both sides turn crispy. Your aloo toast is ready. Serve it with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
- For a better taste, saute the mashed potatoes in a kadhai with 2 tbsp of oil.
- You can skip the veggies if you want.
- If you are sauteing the mashed potato, then add some 2 to 4 curry leaves.
- After adding the grated cheese, you can add some oregano and chilli flakes on it and then keep the slice of bread.
Related Aloo Toast Sandwich Video