Aloo Toast | 1 Easy Aloo Masala Sandwich | Aloo Toast Recipe
Aloo toast recipe is the most common sandwich recipe loved by all. A perfect dish to calm your hunger pangs, this irresistible aloo toast recipe is one of the most basic sandwich recipes which can easily be savored in any small stalls across Mumbai. Already drolling over it? Here is my recipe for homemade Mumbai style aloo toast.
You can make this sandwich recipe in your morning breakfast or for your evening snacks. If there is a small get together or a house party, then nothing is better than some homemade sandwiches. A few years ago, only deep-fried snacks were a part of Indian street foods. But, slowly slowly, people started liking roasted foods, baked foods, and also foods with less oil. Now, you can find at least 1 sandwich shop in almost every corner of the street and also most of the cafes, or restaurants have sandwiches on their menu.
There are two ways to make this aloo toast recipe. One is by using masala aloo as a filling. And the second is by using only boiled potatoes and no masala (spices or veggies). In this simple alu toast recipe, you have 2 options. Either you can skip adding the slices of onion, tomato, capsicum, or you can chop them and mix with the mashed masala potato. I have sliced them and added on the bread slice directly.
Additionally, you can also add some grated mozzarella or cheddar cheese on top or inside the sandwich before toasting it. It gives a unique cheesy taste to your aloo bread toast recipe. Mozarella and cheddar cheese can be found easily in any Indian general store nowadays. But, if it is not easily available, you can also use Amul processed cheese.
You can follow some tips to make this easy sandwich recipe. In this recipe, I have used normal white bread. But, you can always use any kind of bread according to your preference. You can also use some sandwich spread to increase their taste. Overall it is a very simple and delicious sandwich recipe that everyone will love.
If you are in a hurry, then this sandwich recipe is the best. Recipe with detailed ingredients and steps are provided in the recipe card below. You can also print this recipe from the button provided in the recipe card.
If you like this aloo toast sandwich, then you can try these Sandwich recipes like,
Aloo Toast Recipe | Aloo Bread Toast
To make Aloo Toast Sandwich, you would need,
- Bread Slices
- Red Chili Powder
- Cumin Powder
- Chaat Masala
- Cheese Slices
- Coriander Leaves
– In a bowl, mash the potatoes. Add the dry ingredients, Red Chili Powder, Cumin Powder, salt, and Chaat Masala. Mix them well.
– Now, add the chopped coriander leaves and mix them well. Take the slices of bread. Apply butter on both sides and add a layer of mashed potato on one side.
– Now, add some layers of the sliced veggies on top of mashed potatoes.
– Grate some cheese on top and cover it with another buttered slice of bread.
– Take a Tawa, add some butter at the center, and toast the sandwich. Using a flat spatula, press it gently so that it sticks together. (I have used a stovetop toaster.)
Aloo Masala Sandwich | Aloo Toast Recipe
- 4 Bread Slices
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 6 Potatoes Medium
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- Cheese Slices According to your need
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- Butter According to Your Requirement
- Salt According to Your Requirement
- 1 medium Cucumber Sliced
- 1 medium Tomato Sliced
- 1 medium Onion Sliced
- 1 small Capsicum Sliced
- In a bowl, mash the potatoes. Add the dry ingredients, 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder, 1 Tsp Cumin Powder, salt according to your taste, and 1 Tsp Chaat Masala. Mix them well.
- Now, add the chopped coriander leaves and mix them well.
- Take the slices of bread. Apply butter on both sides and add a layer of mashed potato on one side.
- Now, add some layers of the sliced veggies on top of mashed potatoes.
- Grate some cheese on top and cover it with another buttered slice of bread.
- Take a Tawa, add some butter in the center of the Tawa, toast the sandwich. Using a spoon, press it gently so that it sticks together. (I have used a stovetop toaster.)
- Toast it until both sides turn crispy. Your aloo toast is ready. Serve it with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
- For a better taste, saute the mashed potatoes in a kadhai with 2 tbsp of oil.
- You can skip the veggies if you want.
- If you are sauteing the mashed potato, then add some 2 to 4 curry leaves.
- After adding the grated cheese, you can add some oregano and chilli flakes on it and then keep the slice of bread.
Tried This Recipe?
Join our Instagram army! Send us a photo of the dish at @WhatsCookingIndia or upload and use the hashtag #whatscookingindia to get featured.