A crunchy aloo ka samosa recipe is made of spicy potato filling and all-purpose flour. It is a famous snack in Mumbai. You will find a stall or shop selling these crunchy samosas in almost every corner of the streets. This has become a favorite snack for all in India. A samosa costs just Rs. 10 which is 0.10 GBP or 0.13 USD. This simple yet delicious recipe is consumed by everyone be it rich or poor, young or old. Everyone loves this Indian samosa recipe.
You can add tons of variations in this Indian samosa recipe. All these variations mainly depend on the filling used, shape, and the method used to cook them. Instead of potatoes, you can use different vegetables or meat or shredded chicken as well. Samosa is a very common street food and is available on most street stalls, shops, cafes, and restaurants. It can be consumed with sweet and spicy chutney or with pao. You can also try this with sandwich recipes.
You can either deep fry the samosa or air fry. It will taste better when deep-fried, But, if you are health conscious, then you can go for baked or air fried. It is a very easy samosa recipe and can be prepared in minutes. The traditional method of making these samosas is smashing the boiled potato with some Indian herbs and spices and then used as a filling inside an all-purpose flour cone-shaped pouch.
Making the samosa filling is very simple, but shaping the samosa is a bit tricky part. In the beginning, you will find it time-consuming to give a perfect shape to your samosa. But, as you try this Indian samosa for the second or third time, you can easily make the perfect shape to your samosa in less time.
To make the samosa crispy, oil is added to the dough while kneading. The oil makes your easy samosa recipe more crunchy and gives a unique taste after frying. Please note that, while filling the samosa with the potato filling, the potato masala filling should be at room temperature. It will make it easy while giving the shape to your samosa ki recipe.
Recipe with detailed ingredients and steps are provided in the recipe card below. You can also print this recipe from the button provided in the recipe card.
You can also try our other delicious snack recipes like
To make this aloo ka samosa recipe, you need,
– Crumble the boiled potatoes. In a separate bowl, add ajwain, all-purpose flour, oil, and salt as per taste.
– Add water parts by parts and mix the flour to form a dough.
– Cover the dough with a cloth and keep aside for at least 30 minutes. Take a Kadhai, heat oil in it and add cumin seeds, ginger paste and saute it for a minute.
– Now add all the remaining dry ingredients like garam masala, red chili powder, cumin powder, and saute it well.
– Add the crumbled potatoes, some salt, some chopped coriander leaves, mix well and keep it aside.
– Knead the dough, take small golf-ball-sized portions from the dough. Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough ball in a perfect oval shape. Apply some oil before flattening it.
– Using a knife, cut it from the center and divide it into 2 equal parts. Apply water on the straight side and join them to make the shape of a cone.
– Take a small spoon, fill the cone with the potato filling. Now, apply some water on the opposite edges which are open and seal this edge as well. Make all the samosa in this similar way. Now, add oil in a kadhai for deep fry.
– Fry the samosa in low flame until crispy. Your aloo ka samosa recipe is ready.
A new Maggi fusion recipe made in the Indo-Chinese style. This Maggi Manchurian recipe is… Read More
CRISPY HASH BROWN POTATO RECIPE: A popular brunch option in the American cuisine, Hash Browns… Read More
Aloo poori recipe or aloo ki puri is my most favorite snack. For, me, it… Read More
Bread besan toast is a quick and easy breakfast recipe. All you need is some… Read More
This homemade jalebi recipe is a very delicious sweet dish that can be prepared in… Read More